VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting provides dedicated (private) server resources via virtualization technology. VPS hosting is the preferred choice for individuals and businesses who want more computing and processing resources to enhance the speed of their websites. VPS hosting is right for you if you run a large website or e-commerce store.
However, not all VPS hosting services are as excellent as they advertise. Even among the best providers, not all are well suited for people or businesses targeting audiences in India and South Asia.
Our experts reviewed the best VPS hosting providers worldwide and how their services can help India-based businesses. Specifically, we focused on performance, reliability, site speed, hosting features, pricing, ease of use, and customer support for this review.
Key Points to Consider When Choosing Indian VPS Hosting
We already have extensive guides on how to choose the right web hosting. However, when picking the best Indian VPS hosting provider, you should keep these points in mind:
- Reliability: You must ensure the provider offers a 99.9% uptime commitment.
- Scalability: Good VPS hosting should make it easy to scale your hosting resources when you need to easily, allowing you to adapt your website to growing business needs.
- Security: Your VPS host provider should provide sufficient privacy and security features to keep your website and data secure.
- Multiple OS Choices: SInce this isn’t shared hosting where you have limited control, your provider should allow you choose an OS that may best suit you.
- Root Access: Full root access allows you to run any process or application on your server, as a VPS server should.
- Cost-effectiveness: While pricing is a significant factor, you want to compare it with the features provided. You are better off with fair pricing that contains all the resources you need in the right amount than go for a cheap provider that requires you to buy add-ons to meet your website needs.
The best Indian VPS hosting services of 2023 (Bought and Tested):
If you are in search of a VPS that offers both reliability and high performance – UltaHost is the answer. Unleash your website’s full potential and speed with our state-of-the-art VPS hosting. Experience unparalleled flexibility, unlimited bandwidth, and top-notch performance, all at an unbeatable price. Take advantage of the most competitive prices for managed VPS hosting and enjoy unmatched virtual server reliability and performance.
- Overall Score: 4.9
- Pricing: 4.9
- Features: 4.8
- Performance: 4.9
- Support: 4.9
- User Friendly: 4.9
Pricing: VPS hosting plans start from $5.5/mo for a VPS basic plan. This plan provides you with 1 CPU, 1GB RAM, 30GB of NVMe storage, managed server, and 1 IPv4 Dedicated IP.
Features: UltaHost offers a wide array of features such as IPv4 addresses, unlimited bandwidth, BitNinja security, free domain transfer and automated backups, free SSL, and an extensive range of additional features.
Performance: UltaHost guarantees an impressive 99.99% uptime. UltaHost utilizes high-speed NVMe storage, scalable DDR5 RAM, built-in cache, and top-of-the-line hardware to deliver fast and reliable performance.
Support: UltaHost has a skilled team of specialists who offer round-the-clock customer support through live chat, phone, and email channels. Additionally, UltaHost has implemented comprehensive knowledgebase guides to help you out with any question.
User Friendly: The user-friendly control panels allow you to effortlessly manage your hosting environment and website. You can choose from the free Hestia&CyberPanel, Plesk, or cPanel.
Pros & Cons
- SSD NVMe Disk Drives for unprecedented speed and reliability.
- Managed Indian Server with updated OS, security patches, and much more..
- 99.99% uptime guarantees stability and reliability of hosting performance.
- Slightly higher cost compared to other providers, but you will get speed, flexibility, and reliability
For those seeking the most technologically advanced VPS products for their business, Kamatera provides the perfect solution. Offering flexible, fast, and reliable solutions tailored to startups, SaaS developers, web & app developers, Kamatera delivers unbeatable performance at a competitive price. Kamatera VPS is appropriate for businesses of all sizes and offers personalized 24/7 technical support.
- Overall Score: 4.8
- Pricing: 4.9
- Features: 4.8
- Performance: 4.8
- Support: 4.7
- User Friendly: 4.6
Pricing: Kamatera offers several VPS hosting plans starting from $4/mo. The cheapest plan provides you with 1 CPU, 1GB RAM, 20GB SSD storage, unlimited bandwidth, and Public IPs.
Features: Kamatera offers a wide array of features such as Public IPs, unlimited bandwidth, a 30-day free trial, flexible scaling models, hourly billing, DDOS Protection, various OS templates, and other features.
Performance: Kamatera offers Intel Xeon Platinum/Cascade Lake processors, 2.7GHz+, and guarantees an impressive 99.95% uptime. Kamatera data centers utilize cutting-edge technology and are AICPA – SOC 2 – TYPE II compliant or more.
Support: Kamatera has customer support services which are available 24 hours a day through live chat, phone, or email.
User Friendly: Kamatera has a user-friendly management console from which you can control all your cloud server infrastructure components. Additionally, Kamatera offers an option to install various user-friendly cPanel and Plesk instances.
Pros & Cons
- Hourly billing.
- Flexible scaling models.
- 99.95% uptime guarantee.
- 24/7/365 Tech human support.
- No free backups.
- No free SSL certificates.
- No proper knowledge base, only a few FAQs on their website.
IONOS is a cost-effective VPS hosting provider that leverages state-of-the-art technology to deliver reliable hosting services. With IONOS, you receive full root access to your server and a wide array of features necessary for hosting and managing your website seamlessly within a unified platform. IONOS VPS plans include SSD SAN storage, DDoS protection, SSL encryption, firewall management, and daily backups, ensuring the security and integrity of your data.
- Overall Score: 3.9
- Pricing: 3.9
- Features: 3.5
- Performance: 4.3
- Support: 4.0
- User Friendly: 3.8
Pricing: IONOS provides flexible payment options, allowing you to choose between monthly or yearly billing for their plans. For the XS Linux VPS plan, you can opt for the cost-effective price of $2 per month. This plan includes one vCore CPU, 1GB RAM, and 10GB SSD storage.
Features: IONOS presents a plethora of valuable features, including full root access for complete control, fast-paced NVMe storage, unlimited traffic with speeds of up to 1 Gbit/s, full virtualization, dedicated resources, an SSL certificate, IPS and IDS protection, DDoS protection, firewall management, multiple Linux OS options, and many additional features.
Performance: IONOS offers a 99.9% uptime guarantee. Their hosting plans provide access to scalable servers and SSD/HDD storage options. With features like Marai DB and MySQL databases, IONOS ensures a robust hosting experience.
Support: IONOS provides customers with three support options, including phone, cloud support, and live chat, accessible 24/7.
User Friendly: You can manage your Linux VPS hosting plan with IONOS’ custom cloud panel, which is easy to use and has an intuitive user interface.
Pros & Cons
- Affordable pricing plans.
- 99.99% uptime guarantee.
- Fully virtualized servers with root access
- Prices for IONOS may increase upon renewal, but they are still budget-friendly.
- Customer support is not always reliable.
Time4VPS offers exceptional self-managed VPS hosting, providing you with greater control over your hosting and websites. Their VPS hosting options are diverse, including Linux VPS, Windows VPS, Container VPS, Storage VPS, and VMWare Cloud. Each hosting plan within these categories offers multiple CPUs, generous disk space, and a wide array of features. All of this comes at highly affordable prices.
- Overall Score: 4.1
- Pricing: 4.2
- Features: 3.9
- Performance: 4.2
- Support: 4.1
- User Friendly: 4.1
Pricing: Time4VPS provides a selection of VPS plans with an option to pay on a monthly or yearly basis. The plans are combined in 4 categories starting from €2.60/mo for 1 vCPU, 2GB RAM, 20GB storage, and 2TB bandwidth. You can benefit more by choosing the annual plans.
Features: All VPS plans offer a comprehensive range of features, including cPanel/WHM, Plesk, DirectAdmin, full root access, resources on demand, KVM-based virtualization, HP ProLiant DL360 Gen10 servers, Intel Xeon Gold 6132 processors, RAID storage, and various other benefits.
Performance: Time4VPS has cutting-edge HP ProLiant DL360 Gen10 servers driven by multi-core Intel Xeon Gold 6132 processors. Each server node is equipped with 768 GB of RAM and a dedicated 4 Gbps network connection. With a remarkable uptime guarantee of 99.98%, your VPS server remains online and accessible 24/7.
Support: The customer support team is available round-the-clock to provide assistance for anything you might need. Additionally, we have developed a comprehensive knowledge base that offers a wealth of valuable guides and tutorials.
User Friendly: Time4VPS offers a user-friendly experience with its intuitive user interface (UI), convenient 1-click installation for popular applications, modern cPanel, and a straightforward user management dashboard.
Pros & Cons
- Scalable VPS plans at affordable prices.
- A remarkable uptime guarantee of 99.98%.
- Complete hosting solution with various Windows and Linux OS distribution compatibility.
- Time4VPS can be a bit complex for beginners, it is more suitable for experienced users.
- Customer support responds with delay.
- Overall score – 4.9
- User Friendly – 5
- Support – 5
- Features – 5
- Reliability – 5
- Pricing – 4.5
Overall score – 4.9: HostArmada is our best Indian VPS hosting provider. It checks all the right boxes due to its fantastic customer support, user-friendly interface, impressive features, and reliability.
User Friendly – 5: The welcome screen gives you a rundown of everything to know about your account. You can access different areas like your domains, active services, and invoices from your dashboard.
Support – 5: HostArmada provides a friendly and helpful support team. You can contact them via live chat, phone, email, and the ticketing system for all your technical needs and to resolve other issues such as invoicing. The knowledge base also contains helpful solutions to problems you may encounter.
Features – 5: HostArmada’s top feature is their SSD cloud-based storage in all plans. You also get other great features like unmetered bandwidth, free SSL certificate, free domain name, daily backups, free website builder, user-friendly cPanel, and Softaculous 1-click Installer.
Reliability – 5: HostArmada offers a 99.9% uptime guarantee. It can also effortlessly handle surges in website traffic. Thanks to its constant stability and reliable security, you can be sure your website on HostArmada will run without issues.
Pricing – 4.5: HostArmada’s Web Shuttle plan costs $41.21 when you start and renews at $54.9/mo. The package features unlimited websites, 50 GB SSD storage, a single-core CPU, 2 GB RAM, and 2 TB bandwidth. You also get free SSL certificates and backups and enhanced security features.
Additional parameter - Impressive email management: One feature we instantly loved was the email management area. It provides quick access to all the emailing features we believe every business should have. These features include email accounts, autoresponders, forwarders, and professional spam filters.
HostArmada is famous for its phenomenal speeds, uptime guarantee, and simple-to-use interface.
Pros & Cons
- Easy to use
- Website builder
- Free domain name
- Free website migration
- Free SSL certificates
- High renewal prices
A2 Hosting is an excellent solution for those who want to get a cheap yet fast VPS hosting plan in India. Namely, this provider offers the fastest VPS services money can buy, with 20x more speed and 3x faster storage compared to other VPS plans. The provider offers both managed and unmanaged hosting and comes with excellent hosting features that will be more than enough for you to grow your website.
- Overall Score: 4.7
- Pricing: 4.6
- Features: 4.7
- Performance: 4.7
- Support: 4.7
- User Friendly: 4.7
Pricing: A2 Hosting allows you to pay for your VPS hosting plan on a monthly, annual, and triennial basis. Its unmanaged VPS hosting plans start at $2.99/month (annual billing period) for 1GB RAM, 20GB SSD storage, 1 CPU Core, 0.5TB transfer, and full root access.
Features: A2 Hosting offers a wide range of features, including a free Immunify360 security suite, a wide choice of operating systems, free site transfer, fast-paced SSD storage, full root access, cPanel, and more.
Performance: A2 Hosting has a data center in Singapore that is great for India-based websites and users. Also, it offers a 99.9% uptime guarantee and allows you to pick your server location based on where you’re located and where your target market is. Furthermore, with its Turbo plans, you’ll get 20x faster page loads, 40% faster CPU performance, and 3x faster storage.
Support: A2 Hosting’s Guru Crew Support is available at all times via live chat, email, and phone. The provider also has an extensive knowledge base with many useful guides, tutorials, and articles.
User Friendly: A2 Hosting has an intuitive dashboard that is easy to navigate and has a simple interface that both beginners and advanced users can understand. It also comes with one-click installs, fast website setup and deployment, and a drag-and-drop editor.
Pros & Cons
- Blazing-fast page loads and performance for all A2 Hosting users.
- Great value for money as the plans are packed with features and free services.
- Datacenter in Asia that will give you optimal performance and excellent availability.
- Prices are higher on renewal (but still affordable and worth the cost, nonetheless).
Ranking comparison between the Top Providers
Best Indian VPS Hosting Services: Final Recommendations
This article showed you the top six hosting providers that provide reliable performance, enough essential features, helpful and prompt customer support, and affordable pricing. You can choose one from the list and get started right away. They offer money-back guarantees, so if you change your mind about the service, you can always get a refund – provided it is within the money-back guarantee period.
Our top recommendation is HostArmada due to its consistent impressive performance, robust features, and helpful customer support. If you are concerned about data center hosting locations, FastComet is the obvious choice. Small and large businesses benefit from Verpex hosting, while Webdock does the most for developers. When it comes to balancing it all out, ChemiCloud is a perfect choice.
How we rank hosting providers
At HostAdvice, we conduct in-depth testing and research on web hosts to discover their best features, pricing structure, extra benefits, and flaws. We also continually update our reviews based on market news and improvements made by hosting providers. This way, we can constantly provide updated information to help our readers get the best VPS hosting services for their needs.
As you can tell from our chart, we have different factors we look out for, and each element carries a specific percentage. We ascribe high weight to critical aspects.
What is VPS hosting, and who is it for?
VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting leverages virtualization technology to provide server resources. It is a sweet spot between shared hosting and dedicated server hosting.
VPS hosting offers more benefits than shared hosting:
- It provides far more resources, flexibility, and scalability than shared hosting.
- It offers more security and stability than shared hosting
VPS hosting has several benefits over dedicated server hosting:
- It provides the resources of dedicated server hosting without the need to rent an entire server.
- It is a cheaper yet effective alternative for those who require many resources but cannot afford a dedicated server space.
The people who need VPS hosting are those whose websites:
- Experience medium to high traffic
- Require many resources
- Engage in large-scale e-commerce
Generally speaking, any business that wants to scale at a friendly price and benefit from the stability of having their servers should consider VPS hosting. It offers a dependable, business-scale hosting environment at a price lower than that of dedicated servers.
Most VPS hosting providers offer multiple hosting plans. For instance, Webdock offers over 10 VPS hosting plans. These various plans allow you to choose a package that aligns with your business needs and scale your website when it outgrows the plan’s limit.
Additional considerations for a VPS hosting plan
You should consider these features when choosing a VPS hosting provider:
- Managed vs. Unmanaged VPS: A managed server gives you less control, is expensive, and takes your server’s ethical aspects off your hands. An unmanaged server is cheaper, but you are responsible for site security and maintenance.
- Content considerations: Some providers have rules against hosting certain types of content, such as adult or crypto content. Read the terms of service (ToS) to avoid sudden account termination.
- Server Speed: Sever speed refers to how long it takes for the server to respond to queries. A slow server can negatively affect the service quality of your website. You can improve your page load speed, but the server speed is entirely up to the host. Do your research before deciding.
- Data Backup: Ideally, you want a provider that offers daily and weekly backups and easy restores. Some providers provide automatic backups, while others require you to make the backups yourself.
- User-friendliness: Regardless of whether you are a developer or a novice, you need a cPanel that allows you to quickly access all your needed resources. Beginners definitely have a simple interface and easy-to-use tools.
Check the FAQs section below for answers to your questions, or contact us. We love to help our readers in any way we can.