Forex stands for Foreign Exchange Market, and it is a global, decentralized market where you can trade currencies. Trading on the Foreign Exchange Market includes trading all kinds of international currencies. Therefore, you need a strong connection to be able to trade currencies from wherever you want. Also, the Forex market moves fast, very fast. Many opportunities arise at unpredictable times, and traders need to be ready and available to seize them. However, if you don’t have a fast enough connection, you will not be able to take advantage of all the opportunities that the Forex market offers. So, how do Forex traders always stay connected? Well, it all comes down to the resources they have. Namely, the big companies that have large revenues and profits can afford to set up their own servers near the most popular Forex brokerages and use them for trading without interruption. However, not many traders can do that. Setting up your own servers is quite expensive and requires you to have a dedicated team of professionals to maintain and manage the servers round-the-clock. So, how can traders get a more affordable yet uninterrupted trading experience? The solution for such traders is Forex VPS hosting!
Namely, with a Forex VPS, traders will have a strong connection to virtually all parts of the world, and their trading will be secure and safe from malicious intents. Also, VPS hosting, in general, offers an excellent performance so that you don’t miss anything happening on the market. Furthermore, getting a Forex VPS hosting plan is much more affordable than setting up and maintaining your own servers. All in all, it’s the perfect solution for individual traders, agencies, and everyone who wishes to trade on the Forex market without having to spend thousands of dollars to do so!
HostAdvice experts performed an independent study on the Best VPS providers for all types of users.
For this page our experts compiled this list by conducting a research that includes thousands of objective user reviews, surveys, and tests. That way, they are able to deliver an objective and appropriate list and truly show you which are the top Forex VPS hosting providers on the market. In addition, you can learn more about Forex VPS in this article, including what it is, who it is for, why you should use it, and more. However, if you don’t have the time to read the whole article and what to jump right into the main point, here is our selection of the best Forex VPS hosting providers.
Short on Time? Check Our Top 8 Forex VPS Hosting Providers
- AccuWeb Hosting – Best Forex VPS Hosting Overall
- Cloudzy – Most Customizable Forex VPS
- Interserver – The Most Flexible Forex VPS Hosting
- V2 Cloud – Best Linux VPS For Forex Trading
- JavaPipe – Best Windows VPS For Forex Trading
- Forex VPS – Best VPS For MetaTrader4 (MT4)
- FXVM – Best VPS For Forex EA (Expert Advisor)
- Trading FX VPS – Top Forex VPS For Individual Traders
How Do We Rank and How You Should Choose Your Forex VPS Hosting?
- Server Uptime11%
- Operating System Support8%
- Server Maintenance10%
- Customer Support4%
- Extra Features6%
- User Reviews30%
Here at HostAdvice, we test specifically for each category we cover. Our experts test each category by following a few important steps. First, they develop a list of all the relevant factors that apply to the specific category (in this case, Forex VPS hosting). Then, they run independent tests that include testing each provider’s performance, speed, uptime, reliability, and features. In addition, they test each provider’s customer support and a few other critical features. Also, independent user reviews also play a huge part in all the tests we make.
We also weigh each factor that we test according to its relevance to the category that we are writing about. So, if a factor plays a vital role within the category, we give it a higher weight, and vice versa.
Here are all the factors that we tested and that you need to take into consideration when ranking and choosing the best Forex VPS hosting providers:
- Latency (15%): Forex trading depends heavily on speed, efficiency, and fast decision-making. And, you can’t do all of that if your Forex VPS provider offers slow speeds and high latency. Latency can easily make or break a trading business. Namely, the speed of your VPS hosting can determine how much money a trader makes and how fast they can seize opportunities. Thus, picking a VPS provider that offers fast speeds and low latency is imperative when choosing a Forex VPS hosting provider.
- Server Uptime (11%): A reliable and constantly available server is another critical factor for all Forex traders. Namely, if your server goes off from time to time, you won’t be able to execute your trades efficiently and make money. Thus, it would be best if you look for a provider that offers a good uptime guarantee – at least 99.9%. Also, you can sign an agreement with your provider that guarantees that it will pay you a certain compensation if the server does not meet the uptime that it ensures.
- Security (9%): All Forex traders need a secure and safe platform to trade on. That way, their funds will be secure and safe from hackers and thieves. In general, VPS hosting is a very safe and secure solution. However, many providers offer even more security measures, like backups, recovery options, automatic software updates, etc. So, always make sure to check if your hosting provider offers some extra security features in its plans before you commit to it!
- Scalability (7%): Choosing a Forex VPS provider that offers scalable resources can help you increase your profits and boost your trading success. With a scalable hosting provider, you will be able to execute more trades than you normally do without experiencing downtime or lag. Also, if the trading business is slow for a certain period, you will be able to easily decrease the number of resources that you usually use and only pay for those that you actually need. Thus, it would be best to choose a provider that allows you to increase and decrease your resources whenever you need them.
- Operating System Support (8%): Different VPS hosting providers run their servers on various types of operating systems. For instance, some use Linux, other Windows, etc. Also, some providers support more operating systems than others and allow you to choose from a wide range of options. So, if you have a preference and need a specific operating system for your trading business, make sure that your VPS provider offers that operating system in advance.
- Server Maintenance (10%): If you don’t have the time or knowledge to manage and maintain your own server, you can get managed hosting services from your provider. That way, your provider will set up everything for you, keep track and make updates, installations, and everything else your server needs.
- Customer Support (4%): Regardless of whether you are running a trading business, an eCommerce business, or any other type, you will need strong customer support from your provider. That way, if you have an issue or question, you will be able to resolve it quickly by contacting your provider.
- Extra Features (6%): Some Forex VPS hosting providers offer additional features and programs that can help you improve your trading business. For example, some extra features you can get include free migrations, constant monitoring, free CDN, and more. So, when choosing a provider, make sure to check what kind of extra features it offers, if any.
- User Reviews (30%): Reading independent user reviews can help you learn more about a certain provider. Also, since the reviews are written by people who have already used or are using the provider’s services, you will know what you can expect from them.
What Is Forex VPS Hosting, and Who Is It For?
Forex VPS hosting is a type of hosting that uses Virtual Private Servers to provide hosting solutions to users. You can look at it as a permanent link that connects you to the wider trading network and allows you to execute all kinds of currency exchanges. With Forex VPS, you will be able to connect to all the trading platforms on the market and conduct trades with minimal interruption. You will be able to look for opportunities, make split-second decisions, and take advantage of all that the Forex market has to offer. What’s best, you won’t have to be close to all the Forex brokerages that you trade with to execute trades successfully. That is because most Forex VPS hosting providers have servers worldwide, allowing you to have an excellent connection regardless of your location.
A Virtual Private Server (VPS) is a hosting solution that uses virtualization technology to provide users with private (dedicated) resources. Even though multiple users use the same server, each user has their own resources and is not affected by the others at all. The key concept behind VPS hosting is that it divides a single server into multiple smaller servers. And since each smaller server runs separately from one another, they offer better privacy, security, performance, and easier troubleshooting. You can use Forex VPS to host your trading software and easily handle and operate your trades.
Most Forex VPS Hosting providers also offer high-availability servers near Forex brokerages, allowing you to trade with little to no latency issues.
Forex VPS is ideal for people and businesses whose business involves trading currencies on the Foreign Exchange Market. It is suitable for brokers who need a machine that will allow them to run their trading software and execute their trades with no interruptions. Also, it is ideal for those who do not have the resources to set up and maintain their own servers close to stock exchanges or Forex brokerages.
So, if you want to make the most out of Forex trading and boost your profits to new heights, Forex VPS hosting is for you.
The Best Forex VPS Hosting Services of 2022 (Bought and Tested):
If you are looking for an experienced Forex VPS hosting provider that currently offers the best Forex VPS services on the market, AccuWeb Hosting is the right choice for you. It offers excellent support, state-of-the-art servers, and excellent security measures to boot!
- Overall Score: 4.8
- Performance: 4.7
- Support: 4.8
- Security: 4.7
- Features: 4.8
- Pricing: 4.9
AccuWeb Hosting has been around for 19 years and has helped more than 100,000 individuals and businesses worldwide with their online endeavors. With AccuWeb Hosting, you will get high-performance and secure service for affordable prices. It offers excellent value for money and allows you to trade with low latency no matter where you are.
Performance: AccuWeb Hosting covers more than 16 worldwide Forex trading locations, offers a 99.9% uptime, supports all trading platforms – MetaTrader4, MetaTrader5, Multi Charts, InteractiveBrokers, cTrader, and TradeStation, is compatible with Windows, Android, and Apple, and has servers in Canada, Denver, Ohio, Oregon, North Virginia, Sweden, UK, Germany, France, Ireland, South Africa, South Korea, Japan, and Australia.
Support: 24/7 technical support via live chat and a ticketing system, fast response times, phone support, email support, video tutorials, and an active online community where you can get in touch with other users.
Security: Weekly backups, 24/7 trading server monitoring, protection with server firewall, anti-virus programs, and more.
Features: SpamExperts spam blocker, high-speed E5, E7, & Gold series processors with at least 256GB RAM, SSD storage, RAID setup, HyperV servers, RDP CALs, and more!
Pricing: AccuWeb Hosting offers three Forex VPS hosting plans, starting at $12/month for 1GB RAM, two vCPUs, 35GB storage, 250GB Bandwidth, and one IP address.
Pros & Cons
- Excellent uptime and performance backed by its 99.9% uptime and 16 worldwide server locations
- Supports all trading platforms, including MetaTrader4 (MT4), MetaTrader5 (MT5), InteractiveBrokers, Multi Charts, cTrader, and TradeStation
- Helpful customer services that can help you set up, maintain, and manage your server
- It does not include daily backups in its plans (but you can get daily backups for an affordable price)
Cloudzy is a premium VPS hosting provider that offers high-performance SSD servers at more than 15 locations worldwide. It also allows you to make your own Forex VPS plan and add custom CPU cores, RAM, storage, and more, making it excellent for those looking for a customizable Forex VPS!
- Overall Score: 4.3
- Performance: 4.3
- Support: 4.2
- Security: 4.3
- Features: 4.3
- Pricing: 4.4
With its strategically-positioned server locations, free setup services, and top-tier infrastructure, Cloudzy is a powerful provider that should not be overlooked!
Performance: High-performance SSD VPS Servers, NVMe/SSD storage, Windows & Linux compatibility, 15 server locations worldwide in Seattle, San Francisco, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Dallas, Miami, Washington DC, New York, Chicago, London, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Singapore, and two more locations in Canada and France on the way, 99.95% uptime, and 1 Gbps Internet connection.
Support: 24/7 customer support via live chat, a support desk, phone support available from Monday to Friday from 10 am to 4 pm GMT, email support, skype support, an extensive knowledge base, and a blog.
Security: AES 256-bit encryption through a secure SSL connection, 24/7/365 monitoring, PHIPA-compliant, and more.
Features: DDR4 RAMs, top-tier infrastructure, seven-day money-back guarantee, the ability to create your own Forex VPS hosting plan with custom resources and settings, native MetaTrader support (MT4/MT5), and more!
Pricing: Cloudzy offers seven Forex VPS hosting plans, starting at $7.95/month for two vCPU cores, 2GB RAM, 30GB NVMe/SSD storage, 3TB bandwidth and a 1Gbps connection. You can also make your own plan and add custom RAM, memory, CPU cores, NVMe/SSD storage, bandwidth, and connection.
Pros & Cons
- Provides servers in locations all over the world which cover three different continents;
- Allows you to make your own hosting plan where you can choose the number of CPU cores, amount of RAM, NVMe/SSD storage, bandwidth, and more
- Two-minute auto-setup
- Allows users to use MetaTrader and platforms to launch and manage multiple Expert Advisors
- Does not offer daily backups (but you can do them yourself easily)
Suppose you are looking for a flexible Forex VPS solution that offers excellent customer support and security and supports Linux and Windows systems. In that case, Interserver is the right choice for you. It also provides affordable prices and allows you to have complete control over your server and resources!
- Overall Score: 4.4
- Performance: 4.4
- Support: 4.3
- Security: 4.4
- Features: 4.4
- Pricing: 4.5
With Interserver, you can choose how many CPU cores you want and get a price and appropriate resources according to your choice! For example, if you decide to get a Linux Forex VPS hosting plan with four CPU Cores, Interserver will give you 8.192GB RAM, 120GB SSD Storage, and an 8TB transfer limit to match!
Performance: Interserver offers a 99.9% uptime guarantee, uses high-performance SSD storage that is 20x faster than standard SATA drives, and has servers in Los Angeles and Secaucus. It also supports numerous operating systems, including Windows, Debian, Linux, CentOS, and Ubuntu.
Support: It offers 24/7 support via live chat, email, and a ticketing system. It also offers phone support through its call centers in the USA, England, Mexico, Brazil, and Israel, a knowledge base, and self-service options.
Security: Interserver’s Forex VPS hosting comes with self-healing hardware, which detects glitches in the hardware system and instantly redirects your resources to another node. That way, you will avoid the glitches altogether. It also offers a Remote Backup Service and uses the KVM, Openvz, Virtuozzo, and Hyper-v virtualization platforms to protect its servers.
Features: Webuzo control panel, Cloud Remote Backup Service, multiple database support including MySQL, SQLite, MongoDB, MarinaDB, PostgreSQL, etc., DirectAdmin/cPanel/Plesk, one-click installation for more than 400 apps, including WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Typo3, Moodle, DotNetNuke, osCommerce, osTicket, PrestaShop, Zen Cart, phpBB, Dolphin, Laravel, CodeIgniter, WebCalendar, and more.
Pricing: Interserver allows you to choose the number of CPU cores and bases your price on that, starting at $6/month for one CPU core, 2.048GB RAM, 30GB SSD storage, and 2TB transfer.
Pros & Cons
- Excellent uptime (99.9%)
- Allows you to install and use more than 400 apps with one click
- Flexible and affordable prices
- Its user interface is a little outdated (but still quite functional nonetheless)
V2 Cloud is a desktop virtualization software that allows you to facilitate remote work with powerful cloud resources. It also offers low latency and scalable solutions ideal for Forex traders!
- Overall Score: 4.4
- Performance: 4.4
- Support: 4.3
- Security: 4.6
- Features: 4.5
- Pricing: 4.2
V2 Cloud serves more than 25,000 users worldwide and is an excellent choice for Forex traders looking for a powerful and reliable Linux VPS hosting provider. You can also book a demo with V2 Cloud and learn more about the provider before you commit to one of its hosting plans.
Performance: V2 Cloud has 20 Tier III data centers with more than one million servers, including data centers in Montreal, Paris, Singapore, Sydney, Washington, London, Warsaw, Frankfurt, and Portland. Its data centers are under constant video surveillance and have 7.5 Tbps network capacity and built-in anti-DDoS infrastructures. It offers a 99.95% uptime guarantee and provides a Service Credit to its users if it does not meet its uptime commitment.
Support: You can contact V2 Cloud via live chat and phone Monday to Friday from 5 am to 10 pm and Saturday to Sunday from 9 am to 5 pm. It also has an excellent Help Center where you can find tutorials, guides, and other useful documents.
Security: V2 Cloud’s data centers hold multiple certifications, including ISO/IEC 27001, PCI DSS, HIPAA, SOC 1 Type II and SOC 2 Type II, and STAR self-assessment. Its servers run on the latest hypervisor updates with an all-inclusive UFW firewall for every virtual machine. It also uses enterprise-grade NVMe drives with RAID-1 replication on all servers. With its business plan, you will get malware protection with real-time protection & nightly scans, daily backups, and the ability to extend your backups retention from seven days to 14 or 21 days. Also, you will get multi-factor authentication for your users
Features: Malwarebytes Pro antimalware, multi and single-user desktops, published applications (that lets you publish any Windows program to an end-user in their browser without giving them access to a full desktop), intuitive management console, web & mobile app, dual monitor support, desktop app, integration with Azure SSO, OneLogin, Okta, V-KEY, IPsec VPNs, Active Directory integration, storage buckets option, and more!
Pricing: V2 Cloud has a wide range of plans suitable for individuals, businesses, and many more. It offers four individual VPS plans, starting at $35/month for 2 CPU cores, 4GB RAM, and 50GB of storage.
Pros & Cons
- Excellent security for both their servers and physical warehouses where the serves are stored
- Multiple Tier III data centers – in Montreal, Paris, Singapore, Sydney, Washington, London, Warsaw, Frankfurt, and Portland
- Low latency and a 99.95% uptime guarantee
- It does not offer 24/7 customer support (but it still offers support every day of the week, which is more than enough)
If Windows is your favorite operating system and you need a Forex VPS hosting provider that feels the same, JavaPipe is here to save the day! It offers excellent KVM-based Windows VPS hosting with strong security measures in place!
- Overall Score: 3.9
- Performance: 3.8
- Support: 4.0
- Security: 4.2
- Features: 4.0
- Pricing: 3.6
With JavaPipe, you can get specialized Forex VPS hosting for Windows and Windows 10 with excellent DDoS protection and 24/7 customer support to boot!
Performance: JavaPipe uses the latest hardware, reliable carries, and offers fully-managed and unmanaged Forex VPS hosting. It also provides fast-performance SSD storage, LiteSpeed web servers, and data center locations in Washington DC and Romania. It supports multiple operating systems, including Windows, Ubuntu, CentOS, and FreeBSD.
Support: It offers 24/7 customer support via email, a ticketing system, live messenger & phone, fast response times, an extensive knowledge base, and more.
Security: JavaPipe offers superior DDoS protection, hides your real IP address behind its proxy, performs constant security analysis, and more! You can buy an SSL certificate from JavaPipe at discounted prices that start at $19/year and go up to $650/year.
Features: RioRey, scalable plans, DDoS attack protection, cPanel, SolusVM, a one-click installer for WordPress, LiteSpeed cache plugin, Cloudflare, and more.
Pricing: It offers three Windows VPS hosting plans for Forex trading, starting at $12.30/month for 2GB RAM, 25GB SSD storage, 2 CPU Cores, 10Gbps Shared Port, and up to 750Gbps Anti-DDoS. It also offers KVM VPS, Unmetered VPS, and DDoS-Protected VPS hosting.
Pros & Cons
- DDoS (distributed denial-of-service) protection
- VPS hosting that is compatible with Windows, Windows 10, and other popular operating systems
- Not as suitable for beginners compared to its competitors (but offers great customer support to make up for it)
With its latency-optimized hosting plans, lightning-fast SSD servers, and enterprise-grade hardware, Forex VPS is an excellent choice for all Forex traders out there. Also, it has an astounding 100% uptime guarantee on its Exclusive VPS servers!
- Overall Score: 4.9
- Performance: 5.0
- Support: 4.5
- Security: 4.9
- Features: 4.8
- Pricing: 5.0
Forex VPS is a hosting provider that offers specialized Forex VPS plans with a 100% uptime guarantee, 24/7 live support, and strong security. It is optimized for MT4 and MT5 trading and allows traders to conduct their daily business with super-low latency!
Performance: Forex VPS offers an uptime guarantee of 100%, which is simply mind-blowing. It also has data centers in New York, Amsterdam, London, and Montreal, uses fast-paced SSD storage, and its Exclusive VPS servers are optimized for all types of platforms, including Android, iOS, Linux, and Windows.
Support: It offers customer support via email, live chat, and phone. Also, it provides free installation to all of its users.
Security: Forex VPS’s serves have enough technical resources to prevent any sort of security breach or cyber-attack. It also offers DDoS protection to all of its users.
Features: Optimized for MT4/MT5 Trading, SSD (Solid State Disk) RAID-10, latest hardware technology, KVM/Hyper-V/XEN Virtualization, quick setup time, full RDP, and more.
Pricing: Forex VPS offers three types of Forex VPS hosting plans – Forex Pro VPS, Latency-optimized servers, and Exclusive VPS. Its Forex Pro VPS plans start at $4.99/month (if you choose to pay on a monthly basis) for 1 CPU Core, 16GB storage, and one MT4/MT5/cTrader instance.
Pros & Cons
- 100% uptime guarantee, which indicates that you will experience no downtime at all
- Equinix data centers that cover North America and Europe
- Excellent performance and availability
- It only offers a partial money-back guarantee (but makes up for it with its free VPS option, which you can use to host your trading software and execute trades completely for free)
FXVM is another excellent hosting provider that offers a 100% uptime guarantee and offers specialized hosting for MT4 and Expert Advisors. So, if you are looking for such features, FXVM is your answer!
- Overall Score: 4.8
- Performance: 5.0
- Support: 4.6
- Security: 4.9
- Features: 4.8
- Pricing: 4.7
With FXVM, you will get powerful VPS hosting optimized for MT4/MT5, NinjaTrader, any EA, any broker, and any trading platform!
Performance: fast-paced SSD storage, MT4/MT5 auto startup, server locations in London, New York, Amsterdam, Zurich, Frankfurt, Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo, and Johannesburg. It offers an incredible 100% uptime guarantee and low latency and uses world-renowned providers like Equinix, Global Switch, Level3, and Internap for hosting its infrastructure.
Support: It offers excellent, round-the-clock customer support via live chat and email. It also has an extensive knowledge base where you can find numerous guides, articles, and tutorials.
Security: FXVM’s Forex VPS hosting plans are highly secure and 100% private and include a dedicated IP address, automatic backups on a weekly basis, and more!
Features: Equinix data centers, including Equinix NY2, NY4, LD4, LD5, and others; integration with MetaTrader 4 (MT4), NinjaTrader, TradeStation, and more; accepts all Expert Advisors; it is partnered with hundreds of brokers and allows you to choose your VPS based on the broker or location that you prefer! Some of the brokers that FXVM is partnered with include 24Option, Admiral Markets, ADS Securities, Alpari Limited, ATC Brokers, B2Broker, Berndale Capital, Blackwell Global, Citi FX Pro, CM Trading, Currenex, Direct FX, Divisa Capital, ECM Trader, ETX Capital, FIBO Group, Fortrade, FXOpen, GBE Brokers, GCI Financial, and many more!
Pricing: It offers three Forex VPS hosting plans, starting at $19/month for 1.5GB RAM, 40GB SSD storage, and one CPU Core.
Pros & Cons:
- 100% Uptime guarantee – the best guarantee you can get
- Optimized for MT4, MT5, NinjaTrader, any EA, and hundreds of brokers
- Lightning-fast setup time that will enable you to get to work instantly
- Limited product portfolio (but makes up for it with its excellent integration will many all trading platforms, EAs, and brokers)
- To read more about FXVM’s prices, features, services, and offers, you can check out our expert review on the provider
If you are an individual trader looking for a Forex VPS solution that meets your needs, then Trading FX VPS is for you! It offers top-notch customized VPS solutions made specifically for individual traders and uses first-class hardware equipment for its servers.
- Overall Score: 4.8
- Performance: 5.0
- Support: 4.7
- Security: 5.0
- Features: 4.9
- Pricing: 4.6
With its 5-tier security, ultra-low latency, and an uptime guarantee of 100%, Trading FX VPS is an excellent Forex VPS hosting provider that you should not ignore!
Performance: Trading FX VPS offers a fantastic uptime guarantee of 100%, NVMe RAID 10, unmetered bandwidth, Hyper V virtualization, and servers in New York, Frankfurt, London, Chicago, and Amsterdam. It is compatible with Apple, Android, and Windows and offers VPS hosting plans that can run on Windows 2012, Windows 2016, Windows 2019, and Windows 10.
Support: It offers 24/7 customer support via live chat, email, and phone. It also has excellent response times and an extensive knowledge base where you can find all kinds of useful documents and guides.
Security: 24/7 on-site monitoring, DDoS protection, full redundancy servers, excellent data encryption, a 24/7 reliable and efficient back-end technician, Cloud Anti-Virus & Malware Protection, and more!
Features: Hyper V Virtualization, Cloud Anti-Virus & Malware Protection, DDR4 RAM, VMware flexibility framework, first-class equipment from Hewlett Packard, Dell, Intel & IBM, supports all trading platforms (like NinjaTrader, MetaTrader4 (MT4), MetaTrader5 (MT5), TradeStation, jForex, cTrader, and more), supports all expert advisors, immediate activation, hassle-free setup, managed Forex VPS hosting plans, and more!
Pricing: It offers three Forex VPS hosting plans, starting at $25/month for 1 CPU Core (Intel I9 3.5GHz+), 2GB DDR4 RAM, 30GB NVMe, and unlimited traffic.
Pros & Cons
- 100% uptime guarantee
- Supports all trading platforms and Expert Advisors
- 5-tier security
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Its plans are pricier compared to its competitors (but the provider offers two months free if you pay upfront for a whole year)
How Does Forex VPS Hosting Work?
Forex VPS is essentially like a cloud-based desktop PC.
A virtual private server (VPS) can run a version of an operating system that can be operated remotely from all kinds of devices. This is similar to web hosting servers, but with the extra capacity of directly hosting your desktop computer while still allowing it to operate as if it were on its own server (imagine renting out a room in someone’s house).
Even though multiple VPS units are created on one computer, each has its own set amount of CPU power and space. So, even though there are multiple VPS created on the same server, each has its own resources and pays a monthly subscription to use those resources. Also, some VPS hosting providers offer pay-as-you-go billing options, which enable users to only pay for the resources they have used instead of a whole pre-determined plan.
Forex VPS Hosting Pros and Cons
Like most things in life, Forex VPS hosting comes with its good and bad sides. And as a potential user, I feel that you should know what you can expect from VPS hosting – both the good and the bad. So, in the next section of the article, I will write about some of the benefits and drawbacks that you will experience with using Forex VPS.
- The ability to trade anywhere – you can log in to your Forex VPS from all kinds of devices, including laptops, tablets, and smartphones, and trade from anywhere in the world. As I mentioned above, with a sound Forex VPS hosting provider, you will have fast and uninterrupted access to Forex brokerages all over the world without having to be near them. All you will need is an Internet connection, and you will be good to go.
- Trading at all times – you can set up your machine to automatically trade and leave it to do its thing without constantly monitoring it. That way, your machine will trade for you at all times, even during power outages and other similar instances.
- Strong security – VPS hosting systems are highly secure and provide excellent privacy and safety to their users. Usually, Forex VPS hosting providers regularly monitor and test their servers to ensure that everything is running as it should be, and most providers also have excellent uptime guarantees. Also, most Forex VPS providers run powerful security software and applications that help them prevent malicious attacks before they even happen.
- Complete transactions faster – even if you don’t automate your transactions and like to do them all by hand, VPS servers can execute them much quicker because they have low latency and excellent performance.
- Web-Based Control Panel – most VPS providers allow you to have full access to your server, meaning that you can manage your server and programs yourself if you want to – at any time and anywhere.
- 24/7 support – most Forex VPS providers offer round-the-clock expert support to their users. That means that you will have a team of experts at your disposal whenever you need to ask a question or need a solution to a problem.
- Not as powerful as dedicated servers – even though VPS servers offer powerful services, they are not as powerful as dedicated servers. That is why you should always do your research first and make sure that the Forex VPS plan you choose will offer you all the resources you need for your trading.
- Usually requires more technical knowledge – most Forex VPS plans require you to manage and maintain your whole server yourself. Thus, you will either need to know how to do all that yourself, hire an expert to do that for you, or get managed services from your VPS provider.
Why Should I Use a Forex VPS?
We already covered some of the benefits that you can get with a Forex VPS. However, Forex VPS hosting providers offer many other powerful and useful features that all traders need for their daily operations, including:
- Backups – most Forex VPS providers create daily backups of your whole trading configuration, including the trading software and operating system. Thus, a VPS functions as a form of safety net to safeguard you from complications that happen if a connection is unexpectedly severed.
- Improved latency – put in simple terms, latency in trading shows how fast your trades get executed. In even simpler terms, it shows the time that passes between the moment you press the “Ok” button to confirm your trade and the moment that your trade is executed in the marketplace. Latency is usually measured in milliseconds when it comes to trading. The lower the latency, the better. One way you can reduce latency is by using VPS servers because they offer computer servers that are physically closer to exchanges.
- Reduced slippage– slippage is the difference that arises in the actual price between the moment you confirm the trade and the moment the trade is completed. Since Forex exchanges are fast-paced and the prices of international currencies can fluctuate at any moment, slippage can occur very often when you are trading. You can reduce slippage by having a fast connection, which is what most VPS servers offer.
- Affordable prices – most VPS hosting plans come at affordable prices and allow you to reap all the benefits of the service for a pretty low price. Also, the only other way to get the services that a VPS hosting provider offers is by setting up your own servers, and that is extremely expensive – I’m talking five-figure costs expensive.
- The ability to trade worldwide – as I mentioned, VPS hosting providers have servers all across the planet that cover several continents and Forex brokerages. Because of that, they allow you to trade in whichever location you like and take advantage of all the opportunities that come your way.
Forex VPS Hosting vs. Shared Hosting
Both Forex VPS and Shared hosting have multiple websites on a single server. However, Forex VPS hosting puts fewer websites per server and isolates each site completely. That means that each site gets its own dedicated resources and runs separately from the others that are on the same server. Each website is positioned in an area on the server and has its own RAM, storage, operating system, and data transfer limits. All of that provides a more stable and smoother performance. That is not the case with shared hosting.
Namely, with shared hosting, all the websites on the same server are affected by one another and share the server’s resources. So, if one website gets hacked, all the others will be at risk of getting hacked as well. Also, if one website uses more resources than planned, the other websites on the server are affected by that and can consequently experience lag and increased downtime.
Forex VSP Hosting vs. Dedicated Hosting
Many traders prefer to use VPS hosting to host their trading software and conduct their daily business, even though it is less powerful than dedicated hosting. It sounds insane, but it’s true. So, why do traders use VPS hosting more when they can use the more powerful option – dedicated hosting? In order to find out, I will tell you all about the differences between the two solutions so that you can understand their good and bad sides and determine which one is better for you.
- Resource Constraints
Even though VPS servers are powerful and provide users with their own dedicated resources, at the end of the day, multiple users still share the same server, and that can come with some constraints. Namely, users will have a limit on resources like RAM, storage, etc., and will only be able to upgrade them to a certain extent. With dedicated hosting, users get their own server and don’t have to share it with anyone. So, they can have as many resources as they want, but for a much higher price.
The resources that VPS servers offer can still be more than enough for many users. Also, VPS servers are much more affordable than dedicated ones. Thus, it all comes down to whether your business is large enough to need dedicated hosting. If it is not, then you will be wasting money on something you do not need.
Even though VPS servers host each user on different server areas, the users still share the same server and are therefore subject to potential security risks. Of course, the potential security risks are not very high, but they still exist nonetheless.
With dedicated servers, users own the whole server and don’t have to worry about other users’ security breaches. Namely, if a security breach happens, it will happen because they failed to set up their own security accordingly and not because another user has been hacked.
- Technical Knowledge
With VPS hosting, users can choose to get either a managed or unmanaged VPS solution. Namely, if the user does not have the technical skills and knowledge to set up, manage, and maintain a server, they can get a managed hosting solution and have professionals do everything for them. On the other hand, if the user wants to customize and set up the server alone and has the technical expertise to do so, they can get unmanaged VPS hosting.
With dedicated hosting, users have to have enough technical knowledge to set up, maintain, and manage everything on their own. Or, they can hire an expert to do everything for them instead. However, hiring an expert will come at an extra cost.
All in all, choosing between VPS hosting and dedicated hosting comes down to the size of your business and whether you have the technical knowledge to do everything yourself or not. Also, your budget plays a significant role in this decision. So, if you need a more affordable but still powerful solution, you should go for VPS hosting. However, if you have a larger budget and need a whole server to handle your large business, then dedicated hosting is the better option for you.
Best Forex VPS Hosting Services: Summary
Forex VPS hosting is the perfect fit for Forex traders. In my opinion, Forex VPS hosting can be highly beneficial to all traders thanks to the excellent uptime, low latency, 24/7 support, and excellent connection it offers. With Forex VPS hosting, you can trade on markets all over the world without experiencing any lag, downtime, or high latency. Also, you can get a managed VPS hosting plan and get professionals to set up, maintain, and manage your servers. That way, your server will always be up-to-date and available. Also, it will be secure and protected from hackers trying to get your information or steal your money.
You can try out most Forex VPS providers risk-free and get your money back if you don’t like their services, so really, there is nothing to lose here but a lot to gain. Moreover, Forex VPS hosting is reliable, secure, and scalable, making it perfect for both established traders and up-and-coming ones who want to expand their business fast.