Windows VPS USA hosting is a type of hosting service that uses a Windows operating system on its servers. It is an excellent solution for those who are already familiar with Windows and want to use it to create and maintain their websites. And since it’s VPS hosting, this hosting service comes with improved reliability, performance, security, privacy, and many other powerful features. Namely, it’ll give you your own private space on a server that you share with a few other users, along with your own resources.
Here Are the Top 5 Windows VPS USA Hosting Providers:
- Kamatera – Best Windows VPS USA Hosting Overall
- Ultahost – Beginner-Friendly Windows VPS USA Hosting
- IONOS – Best Unmanaged Windows VPS USA Hosting
- HostGator – Most Flexible Windows VPS USA Hosting
- InterServer – Most Secure Windows VPS USA Hosting Provider
The Best Windows VPS USA Hosting Services of 2023 (Bought and Tested):
During our research and testing, Kamatera proved to be the best Windows VPS USA hosting provider currently available on the market. This provider has been a part of the hosting market for 20 years now and has the expertise and services to prove it. Namely, Kamatera comes with powerful, highly scalable, enterprise-grade VPS services that are compatible with Windows and excellent for US-based websites and visitors!
- Overall Score: 4.8
- Pricing: 4.7
- Features: 4.8
- Performance: 5.0
- Support: 4.9
- User Friendly: 4.9
Pricing: Kamatera allows you to customize your own server and pay hourly, by the minute, and monthly. It starts at $4/month ($0.005/hour) for one vCPU core (Type A, 2667MHz, 1,024 MB RAM, 5TB Internet traffic, and 20GB SSD for an Ubuntu Server 20.04 (LTS) 64-bit. Its lowest Windows VPS plan costs $15/month ($0.021/hour) for a Windows 8 or Windows 10 OS.
Features: Kamatera offers scalable Cloud services, root access, and unlimited databases and allows you to start & restart your servers whenever you want. It’s compatible with a plethora of Windows server versions, from Windows Server 2012 Standard to Windows Server 2022 Datacenter, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
Performance: You’ll have access to data centers all over the world, including data centers in New York, Texas, and California. All servers run on state-of-the-art technology, such as fast-paced SSD storage, Intel Xeon Platinum/Cascade Lake processors, and 600Gbit bandwidth. It also comes with a 99.95% uptime guarantee.
Support: The provider offers excellent customer support that is available 24/7 via live chat. The responses are quick, and the team is quite knowledgeable and helpful. You can also reach Kamatera via phone and email.
User Friendly: Kamatera comes with an intuitive control panel that has all the services and tools you’ll need to manage your hosting. However, it’s a little harder to install WordPress on it than with other providers, but you’ll get the hang of pretty quickly nonetheless.
Pros & Cons
- Highly scalable resources.
- Compatible with a plethora of Windows OS versions and Windows Servers.
- Reliable performance, fast page load speeds, and customizable pricing plans.
- Not ideal for beginners (but it comes with excellent 24/7 support and fully-managed services that can help you greatly).
UltaHost is a fast and secure Windows VPS USA hosting provider that comes with a user-friendly control panel and managed Windows VPS hosting plans. It offers a wide range of services, and all its Windows VPS hosting plans come with unmetered traffic, automated backups, full RDP access, and more. It is compatible with multiple Windows OS and Windows Server versions and has multiple servers in the US.
- Overall Score: 4.9
- Pricing: 4.9
- Features: 4.8
- Performance: 4.9
- Support: 4.9
- User Friendly: 4.9
Pricing: UltaHost’s entry-level Windows VPS USA hosting plan costs $15.90/month and includes 2 CPU cores, 2GB RAM, 50GB NVMe SSD, and managed services. You can pay on a monthly or yearly basis.
Features: UltaHost offers fast-paced SSD NVMe storage, unlimited bandwidth, a free dedicated IPv4 address, Cloudflare CDN, free website migration, free backups, support for SQL 2012 & 2014, full root access, free SSL, unlimited MySQL, a DNS manager, free server snapshots, BitNinja security, and more.
Performance: The provider offers a 99.99% uptime guarantee, high-performance servers with 14th gen Dell servers, and a built-in cache mechanism by Memcached, Varnis, and Redis.
Support: You’ll get 24/7/365 customer support via live chat, a ticketing system, email, and phone. The provider also has an extensive knowledge base, support add-ons that you can get, and automated troubleshooting.
User Friendly: All of UltaHost’s Windows VPS hosting plans are fully managed, meaning that you’ll get help while setting up your website, and the provider will take care of server maintenance and updates for you. The whole setup process will take you only a couple of minutes.
Pros & Cons
- All plans include unlimited bandwidth and many useful hosting features.
- UltaHost will monitor your server 24/7 and fix any issues immediately.
- You’ll get full remote access to your hosting plans.
- Prices are higher on renewal (but not by a significant amount).
IONOS is an affordable Windows VPS USA hosting provider that gives you dedicated resources and unlimited traffic no matter which of its VPS hosting plans you choose. It comes with unmanaged Windows VPS USA hosting services that grant you complete control over your resources and excellent scaling options.
- Overall Score: 2.7
- Pricing: 3.0
- Features: 3.3
- Performance: 2.6
- Support: 2.0
- User Friendly: 2.8
Pricing: You can pay monthly or yearly, choose post-paid or pre-paid billing, and cancel your monthly plan anytime. The entry-level Windows VPS USA plan starts at $2/month and includes one vCore CPU, 512MB RAM, and 10GB SSD storage.
Features: IONOS offers unlimited traffic, full KVM virtualization, SSD SAN storage, free SSL, firewall management, IPS/IDS, server snapshots, DDoS protection, full root access, encrypted remote access, 1-click install for WordPress, Drupal, Magento, etc., and is compatible with Windows Server 2016, 2019, and 2022.
Performance: IONOS offers a 99.99% uptime guarantee and uses the latest-gen hardware and software, including Intel Xeon E5 processors and 100% SSD storage. It has ISO-certified data centers in the US, the UK, and Europe.
Support: You’ll get 24/7 customer support via live chat, phone, and email. The provider also has a Help Center full of helpful articles, guides, and tutorials.
User Friendly: IONOS is an easy-to-use Windows VPS USA hosting provider that comes with its own cloud panel. On the cloud panel, you’ll find everything you need to maintain, manage, and control your server. Also, you’ll get an easy-to-use control panel where you can configure your hosting plan and access your customer data.
Pros & Cons
- US-based data centers with top-notch hardware and security.
- Full virtualization for more security, autonomy, and isolation.
- Excellent flexibility and easy administration via the cloud panel.
- Backups cost extra (but you’ll get server snapshots for free).
HostGator is one of the most well-known hosting providers on the market. It offers super flexible Windows VPS hosting plans that come with advanced functionality, powerful hardware, and a lot of other useful features. You’ll also get full control over your resources with HostGator and excellent scalability options to boot.
- Overall Score: 3.7
- Pricing: 3.8
- Features: 3.8
- Performance: 3.7
- Support: 3.6
- User Friendly: 3.8
Pricing: HostGator’s entry-level VPS hosting plan costs $23.95/month and comes with 2GB RAM, 2 CPU cores, 120GB SSD, and unmetered bandwidth. It offers four billing periods – one month, three months, six months, and one year.
Features: Fast-paced SSD storage, unmetered bandwidth, dedicated IPs, full root access, Softaculous, SSL certificate, unlimited email accounts, free site, database, and scrip migration, one free domain registration transfer, DDoS protection, weekly offsite backups, and more.
Performance: HostGator uses Intel and AMD processors to provide fast loading speeds and reliable performance. It has servers in the US and offers a 99.9% uptime guarantee.
Support: With HostGator, you’ll get excellent customer support with fast response times and 24/7 availability. You can contact HostGator via phone, live chat, or Twitter and find useful tutorials and guides on its knowledge base and blog.
User Friendly: HostGator is super easy to use as it comes with beginner-friendly control panels like cPanel and WHM, Softaculous 1-click installer, which allows you to install WordPress and other apps with one click, and more.
Pros & Cons
- Unmetered bandwidth on all VPS hosting plans.
- It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee on all plans.
- Excellent flexibility and advanced functionality.
- Higher prices on renewal (but still worth the features you’ll get).
If you’re looking for bulletproof security and top-notch VPS hosting, InterServer is an excellent option for you. Not only does the provider offer advanced security features, but it also comes with great customer support and reliable page load speeds and performance.
- Overall Score: 4.4
- Pricing: 4.5
- Features: 4.4
- Performance: 4.4
- Support: 4.3
- User Friendly: 4.4
Pricing: InterServer’s entry-level Windows VPS USA hosting plan costs $10/month and includes one CPU core, 2GB RAM, 30GB SSD, and 2TB bandwidth.
Features: InterShield protection, compatibility with more than 450 apps, Inter-Insurance, Plesk, Cloudflare CDN, Windows Remote Desktop access, free SSL, NodeJs, PHP, NGINX, ImunifyAV, full root access, free website migration, malware protection, and more.
Performance: InterServer offers a 99.9% uptime guarantee and uses the KVM, Virtuozzo, Hyper-V, and OpenVZ virtualization. It also uses self-healing hardware and Cloudflare CDN. In addition, it has six data centers in the US, making it excellent for US-based users and websites.
Support: InterServer has an in-house support team that is at your disposal 24/7/365. You can reach it via live chat, a ticketing system, email, Facebook chat, and phone. The provider also offers step-by-step tutorials on a wide range of tasks and topics.
User Friendly: Windows VPS users can get Plesk as their control panel with InterServer and enjoy its intuitive design and easy-to-use features. You can manage your hosting plan from the control panel, add features and resources, and more.
Pros & Cons
- Self-healing hardware with fast-paced SSD storage and a 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- Enhanced security features with InterShield protection and Inter-Insurance.
- The ability to customize your VPS server and only pay for the resources you use.
- It might be difficult to use for beginners (but there are many tutorials and guides about the Plesk control panel that you can learn from).
Best Windows VPS USA Hosting Services: Final Recommendations
Windows VPS USA is a powerful VPS hosting service that is ideal for rapid growth and scalability. The providers we mentioned as the best options for this service all come with different features, allowing you to choose the ideal provider that is tailored to your needs and website. Once you choose the right provider, the rest of the process will be smooth sailing for you.
After researching, testing, and analyzing multiple providers, we can say with the utmost confidence that Kamatera is the best Windows VPS USA hosting provider on the market. It’s versatile, scalable, and robust, and we recommend it to everyone that wants to create and grow their online business in the US.
How Do We Rank, and How Should You Choose Your Windows VPS USA Hosting?
- Virtualization Technology8%
- Performance and Speed10%
- Type of Hosting Service7%
- Customer Support12%
- Hosting Features7%
- Prices and Hidden Fees6%
- User Reviews30%
We test specifically for every category we rank to find the best hosting providers for the specific rank. We do so by making a list of critical factors for the category we are testing and ranking. In addition, our hosting experts perform independent tests on the providers and test their performance and features to confirm that they’re good enough for our list. We also take into account thousands of independent reviews that our users share with us for every provider. Also, each factor has its own specific weight that shows how important the factor is to the category we are testing and ranking.
So, here are the factors that you need to look out for when choosing the best Windows VPS USA hosting provider and that we also tested when ranking the best options:
- Virtualization Technology (8%): Which virtualization technology does the provider use to give you your own virtual server? Some of the best virtualization technologies to look out for include KVM, RHEV, VMware vSphere/ESXi, Xen/Citrix XenServer, and Hyper-V.
- Performance and Speed (10%): Minimal downtime, fast-paced storage like SSD or NVMe, fast page load speeds, uptime of 99.95% and up, quality hardware, Cloudflare CDN, etc.
- Scalability (5%): Can you scale your resources without it affecting your performance? How high can you go? How fast can you scale? Can you scale both up and down?
- Type of Hosting Service (7%): Can you get both unmanaged and managed Windows VPS USA hosting services? Or does the provider only offer one of the two, and if so, which one, and is it good enough?
- Customer Support (12%): Features to look out for here include 24/7 customer support via multiple channels, including live chat, phone, a ticketing system, email, etc. Also, the provider should have tutorials, guides, a help center or knowledge base, and other helpful documentation.
- Security (15%): Will you get suitable security features? Does the provider offer additional features like SSLs, DDoS protection, backups, dedicated IP addresses, malware scans, disaster recovery options, etc.?
- Hosting Features (7%): Does the provider include all the necessary hosting features in all plans? Does it offer additional hosting features, like free migrations, CDN, easy-to-use control panels, domain names, domain name transfers, etc.?
- Prices and Hidden Fees (6%): Do the prices match the features included in the plans? Is the provider overpriced, underpriced, or worth the money? Does the provider have hidden fees? Will you get a free trial or a money-back policy? If so, how long do they last?
- User Reviews (30%): The reviews that our users share with us give us direct insight into their experience with specific hosting providers, from which we can gauge whether the provider is good enough and if it offers everything it claims it does.
Ranking comparison between the Top Providers
What is Windows VPS USA Hosting, and Who Is It For?
Windows VPS USA hosting is a type of VPS hosting service that uses Windows operating systems on its servers which are mostly located in the US or somewhere near the US. By positioning servers in the US, Windows VPS USA hosting providers can give optimal performance and reliable services to US-based websites. Also, they can give excellent load speeds and availability to websites that want to enter the US market.
With Windows VPS USA hosting, you’ll get your own space on a server shared with others. Thus, you’ll get your own resources, and your website will be more secure since it will be separated from all the others on the server. Also, the other websites on the server won’t affect yours, so your website will perform better and be more reliable.
Windows VPS USA is ideal for US-based websites or sites that want to target the US market. It’s also excellent for larger websites as it offers more resources than shared hosting and companies or individuals who want to host multiple websites from one server.
Windows VPS USA hosting is perfect for growth, as it comes with scalable plans that allow you to adjust your resources whenever you need them without any downtime. So, it’s ideal for up-and-coming businesses that want to grow quickly online.
Lastly, it’s great for Windows fans that want a familiar OS to maintain their sites. And if you want to use Windows-based services like the MS database, ASP, Microsoft Office, etc., there’s no better choice than Windows VPS hosting.