Check Our Top Best Node.Js Hosting Providers
The Best Node.Js Hosting Services Of 2023 (Bought and Tested):
Are you looking for cheap Node JS hosting? You’ve stumbled upon the perfect provider – FastComet offers high-quality yet affordable Node JS shared hosting. Personally, I find it exquisite!
- Overall Score: 4.8
- Plans & Scalability: 4.7
- Server Performance: 4.8
- Features & Extras: 4.8
- Customer Support: 4.9
- Pricing: 4.9
With FastComet, you can start your Node.js project in just a few minutes. The web host offers optimised SSD Node.js hosting on all shared hosting servers, backed up with a free domain transfer and a 24/7 technical support team.
Plans & Scalability: FastComet offers shared hosting, cloud VPS, dedicated CPU servers, WordPress hosting, WooCommerce, OpenCart, Magento hosting, etc. Whatever your demands, they can deliver.
Server Performance: You’ll benefit from an SSD-only cloud for 300% faster access to your files and databases, free Cloudflare CDN, 11 enterprise-class data centers, and 200 Global CDN Anycast Network access points.
Features & Extras: Customers get incredible features on the FastCloud, including cPanel, domain transfer, daily and weekly backups, people-powered site transfer without downtime, a one-click marketplace for over 450 apps, etc.
Customer Support: FastComet offers you free and unlimited 24/7 priority support, free managed migrations, and step-by-step tutorials to get you started.
Pricing: With FastComet, you can start at $2.95 per month, one of the cheapest Node.js hosting alternatives available. The company also offers a 45-day money-back guarantee for cloud shared hosting and a 7-day one for VPS/DS Servers.
Pros & Cons
- Multiple server locations and CDN for faster loading speeds worldwide
- An extensive set of features (RocketBooster, SSL certificates, WAF)
- Affordable prices ($2.95 for a single website, 15GB SSD, free domain, and website transfer)
- Renewal prices are way higher (the initial discount is 70%)
If you are a beginner with the Node.js scripting language, I suggest getting HostArmada. They offer 24/7/365 technical assistance to guide you in all tasks or problems you might encounter.
- Overall Score: 5.0
- Plans & Scalability: 5.0
- Server Performance: 5.0
- Features & Extras: 5.0
- Customer Support: 5.0
- Pricing: 4.9
With HostArmada, you can expect managed shared hosting with free SSL for all sites, web server cache, daily backups, SSD storage, and customer support. Better yet, the company offers extensive documentation on how to utilise the “Setup Node.js App” feature of cPanel.
Plans & Scalability: HostArmada offers a huge variety of web hosting solutions, including shared hosting, cloud, WordPress, VPS, dedicated, open-source, and development hosting.
Server Performance: HostArmada maintains a low number of clients per server to deliver optimal server load and website performance. You can expect fast read/write times, loading speed optimization, 99.9% uptime, and no hardware failures.
Features & Extras: All HostArmada plans include a free domain, free SSL, seven automated daily backups, free website transfer, unlimited FTP accounts, databases, email accounts, subdomains, multiple PHP versions, malware scan, malware removal, WAF & IP firewall.
Customer Support: You’ll get 24/7 human-powered technical support for fast and secure website transfer, template or module installations, and any website-related issues. HostArmada’s agents are super friendly, and you can reach them using live chat, the ticketing system, email, or phone. Also, you can use its comprehensive Knowledge base for self-help.
Pricing: HostArmada offers three Node JS shared hosting plans available monthly, annually, biennially, or triennially, with better discounts for committing longer term. You can start at $2.99 per month for one website/15GB SSD storage/2 Cores CPU/2GB RAM.
Pros & Cons
- Incredible ease of use (free drag & drop SiteBuilder, 1-click WordPress install, free app install & upgrade)
- 24/7/365 available super-friendly and knowledgeable customer support team
- Excellent development features (SSH/Bash Access, Perl, Python, Node.js, Git, WP CLI, Drush, PHP frameworks)
- More expensive than competitors (high standard/renewal rates)
If I were looking for the ultimate flexibility and scalability, I’d sure go for Kamatera. It offers numerous server setups on a public cloud, the option to choose your data center, and the Node.js version.
- Overall Score: 4.9
- Plans & Scalability: 5.0
- Server Performance: 5.0
- Features & Extras: 4.8
- Customer Support: 4.7
- Pricing: 4.9
Kamatera is the best Node JS cloud hosting solution for all Node.js apps. You can expect a server setup in less than a minute, instant scaling up or down as required, and unbeatable pricing!
Plans & Scalability: VPS NodeJS hosting – flexible, cost-effective cloud servers for any level of computing power, from a single development server to a complex cloud infrastructure.
Server Performance: Kamatera operates 13 data centres worldwide. You’ll enjoy extensive security and N+1 redundant systems with no hardware maintenance on your part, simple backup and monitoring, a 10 Gbps connection, and 99.95% uptime.
Features & Extras: You’ll get absolute freedom with your Node.js cloud server, root access, unlimited storage, and proprietary API to assign roles to administrators or users, add/remove/stop/restart servers when required, add databases, choose your IP address, etc.
Customer Support: Kamatera provides 24/7 support via phone, email, and live chat. You can also choose from standard managed support, advanced managed support, and assistance for large-scale projects.
Pricing: As a user, you’ll benefit from a low total cost of ownership. You can start with Kamatera’s 30-day free trial and pay monthly, hourly, or by the minute only for what you use.
Pros & Cons
- Remarkable cloud infrastructure (excellent reliability and scalability options)
- Cloud servers with a wide range of different specifications (up to 104 vCPU, 512GB RAM, tens of terabytes of block storage)
- Excellent pay-for-usage model
- Requires technical knowledge to operate
- Extra charges for most add-ons (cPanel, managed support, backups)
Not only is InterServer an affordable and super-reliable Node.js hosting provider, but it’s also an excellent choice for those who have never hosted a website or another web app before. It is easy to use, offers top-notch customer support, and comes with excellent security that will ensure that all your data is safe and protected.
- Overall Score: 4.4
- Pricing: 4.5
- Features: 4.4
- Performance: 4.4
- Support: 4.3
- User Friendly: 4.4
Pricing: With InterServer, you will get a one-size-fits-all shared hosting plan that costs $2.5/month and includes unlimited storage, unlimited bandwidth, and hosting for unlimited websites. The plan is also eligible for a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Features: Some of the features that InterServer offers include unlimited ULTRA SSD storage, 450+ cloud apps, SitePad website builder, unlimited email accounts, global content caching, InterShield security, free website migration, free SSL certificates, Inter-Proxy Caching + Cloudflare, Inter-Insurance, and more.
Performance: This web host offers a 99.9% uptime guarantee, fast-paced SSD storage, Cloudflare CDN, and LiteSpeed web servers, which are much faster than NGINX and Apache.
Support: InterServer offers round-the-clock customer support via multiple channels, including phone, email, live chat, and a ticketing system. Also, the provider has a “Tips” section on its website where you can find many useful guides and tutorials.
User Friendly: InterServer is excellent for beginners as it offers an intuitive dashboard, the cPanel control panel, which is super easy to use, easy installs for over 450 apps, an easy WordPress installer, and automatic WordPress updates.
Pros & Cons
- Excellent performance with a 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- Uses Cloudflare CDN to offer even faster page loads.
- Offers 24/7 customer support via multiple channels.
- Offers only one shared hosting plan.
ChemiCloud is a US-based hosting provider that was founded in 2016. Since its inception, it has evolved its offer and provides a wide range of top-notch services, including Node.js hosting. It is known for having amazing speeds, award-winning customer support, and a free domain for life. Additionally, it provides a 99.99% uptime guarantee, delivering to its customers an amazing performance with virtually no downtime or latency issues.
- Overall score: 5.0
- Features: 5.0
- Support: 5.0
- User Friendly: 5.0
- Pricing: 4.9
- Reliability: 5.0
Features: ChemiCloud offers many top-quality free and paid features. Among them, it includes a free domain, a 99.99% uptime guarantee, a reliable cloud platform, free SSL, cPanel, WHM, LiteSpeed web servers, custom web application firewall, HTTP/3 support, PHP 8, NVMe storage, free Cloudflare CDN, LiteSpeed cache, real-time 24/7 server monitoring, 2FA authentication, one-click installs, DDoS protection, premium DNS, and unlimited bandwidth. So, it’s safe to say that ChemiCloud deserves a 5.0 score.
Support: ChemiCloud offers expert 34/7/365 customer support. It is available via live chat, email, and ticketing system. Additionally, ChemiCloud’s live chat response is 10 seconds on average, while its average ticket response time is 35 minutes. Additionally, customers have reported nothing but good experiences with its support agents, so we believe that a 5.0 score is adequate.
User Friendly: ChemiCloud has one of the simplest web hosting services in the market. It has its own custom control panel that is very well-designed and simple to navigate. Of course, it also provides the cPanel and WHM control panels for all those who prefer them. Additionally, it has an extensive knowledge base and many useful video tutorials. Also, it has many one-click installs for the most popular applications, like WordPress, Joomla, and Node.js.
Pricing: You can purchase a ChemiCloud plan on a monthly, annual, biannual, and triennial billing cycle. The cheapest option is to purchase a three-year plan, which is quite a long commitment. For its Node.js hosting, the cheapest plan is its Starter plan that costs $2.99 per month with a triennial billing cycle. It includes one website, 20 GB NVMe storage, unlimited bandwidth, free domain registration and transfer, free website migration, ten days backups, free SSL, and is powered by LiteSpeed web servers. We gave it a 4.9 score because the plans are a bit more expensive than its competitors, and many features are not included in the cheaper plans.
Reliability: ChemiCloud is one of the best hosting providers in terms of reliability and speed. It provides a 99.99% uptime guarantee and only uses LiteSpeed web servers. Also, it provides an incredible 156 ms response time, amazing load times, and NVMe storage. Additionally, it offers free Cloudflare CDN, uses AMD EPYC 7000 CPUs, and has a premium-tier network. So, we gave it a well-deserved 5.0 score.
Additional parameter: Server location: 4.9: Hosting your website on a nearby server is crucial for your performance, loading speeds, and online availability. ChemiCloud maintains data centers in Dallas, US; San Francisco, US; New York, US; Toronto, Canada; London, the UK; Sydney, Australia; Frankfurt, Germany; Bucharest, Romania; Singapore; Tokyo, Japan; and Mumbai, India. So, ChemiCloud does a great job of covering many regions worldwide. However, we gave it a 4.9 score because it does not have data centers in South America and Africa.
Pros and Cons
- A 99.99% uptime guarantee
- A 45-day money-back guarantee
- Data centers worldwide
- 24/7/365 award-winning customer support
- LiteSpeed web servers
- HTTP/3 support
- Real-time 24/7 server monitoring
- Video tutorials
- Plans are slightly expensive
- Limited storage
- Some features are only included in more expensive plans
A2 Hosting is one of the first companies to offer Node JS server hosting. They have been assisting web developers in realising their goals since 2003, and they can help you achieve just that!
- Overall Score: 4.7
- Plans & Scalability: 4.5
- Server Performance: 4.9
- Features & Extras: 4.8
- Customer Support: 4.8
- Pricing: 4.6
With A2 hosting, you can expect incredible Node JS shared hosting with a straightforward Node.js setup, cPanel graphical interface or command line, high-performance SwiftServer platform, 20x faster Turbo servers, and more!
Plans & Scalability: A2 Hosting offers a wide range of plans, including shared, reseller, VPS, dedicated, managed WordPress hosting, domain names, SSLs, etc. You can also benefit from additional Node.js hosting software alternatives and options, such as Ubuntu Server, Apache Tomcat, Nginx, PHPNG, and Python 2.6, 2.7, or 3.2.
Server Performance: A2 Hosting utilises a screaming fast SwiftServer platform, speed optimised servers with your choice of server location, free SSDs, LiteSpeed web server, and up to 20x faster Turbo Servers. You can also expect 99.9% uptime commitment and perpetual security.
Features & Extras: Even in the cheapest Node.js hosting plan, you’ll get unlimited websites, unlimited SSD storage, fast and easy website migration, free automatic backups, unlimited email accounts, databases, and transfer, free SSL, Website Builder, cPanel, website staging, and more!
Customer Support: A2 Hosting’s Guru Crew support is available 24/7/365 via live chat, email, or phone. You’ll also get access to helpful Node.js hosting guides and other helpful articles.
Pricing: A2 Hosting offers a single standard Node.js shared hosting plan and two turbo options. You can get the best price if you commit for three years. The monthly and annual plans are more expensive – $12.99 month-to-month for unlimited websites and SSD.
Pros & Cons
- Fast and dependable (SSD storage, redundant arrays, multiple data centers)
- Developer-friendly solution (Node.js 12, multiple PHP versions, MySQL 5.6/MariaDB, PostgreSQL 9.6, Python 3.4, PERL 5.10, Apache 2.4, FTP / SFTP, Free SSH)
- Turbo Servers (AMD EPYC servers with NVMEe drives, 40% faster CPU performance, 2x faster to First Byte, 9X more traffic, 3x faster read/write speeds)
- Prices significantly increase on renewal
- A bit expensive for a shared Node JS hosting
Ranking comparison between the Top Providers
How Do We Rank and How Should You Choose Your Best Node.js Hosting?
- Advanced Web Hosting Solutions5%
- Server Speed, Reliability, and Uptime10%
- Scalability Options6%
- NodeJS-Specific Features20%
- Other Extras1%
- Support and Documentation12%
- Excellent Price to Value7%
- User Reviews30%
How Do We Rank and How Should You Choose Your Best Node.js Hosting?
As mentioned, it’s challenging to find a quality web hosting company that supports Node JS. So, we started by sorting out those web hosts, and next, we filtered out Node JS website hosting providers with a range of development tools and technical assistance.
It’s also important to note that at HostAdvice, we rely exclusively on two parties – our in-house specialists and unbiased user reviews. Our independent studies and tests don’t utilise other ranking websites’ data or paid advertising efforts.
Instead, we have set up category-specific criteria to compare each Node JS hosting provider. Our experts continually engage in uptime, speed, and overall performance measurements. We also test the web host’s security practices and customer support. Finally, we vet this list against customer reviews to scale it down further.
As you’ll come to realise, we assign each factor a given percentage based on its contribution to the ideal Node JS server hosting. While one criterion might be of utmost importance, other factors might be more negligible. So, it’s all about ranking and weighting. To calculate our single weighted score that reflects the overall quality of the web hosting provider, we multiply each rating by its allocated percentage/importance.
Here are the factors we have used for ranking the providers within the Node.js hosting category; thus, the things you need to pay attention to when purchasing one such plan:
- Advanced Web Hosting Solutions (5%): Node JS shared hosting isn’t usually sufficient, so it would be better to get a web host that provides fully customizable solutions, such as VPS NodeJS hosting, Node JS cloud hosting, or dedicated servers.
- Server Speed, Reliability, and Uptime (10%): Like any other hosting solution, JS hosting is worth nothing if the web host cannot keep your website up and functional. You need to consider the number and global allocation of servers, choice of data centres, SSD (solid-state drive) storage, and use of CDNs to improve website performance. How fast are the load times when using Node.Js? Are the uptimes and load times up to your standard? Do you get an uptime guarantee?
- Scalability Options (6%): How much bandwidth and storage can you expect within your NodeJS hosting plan? What happens when you exceed these limits? Can you easily scale up and add resources to your app as your audience grows? It would help if you didn’t have to invest heavily from the sole beginning; instead, it would be best to start small with shared Node.js hosting and grow big with time.
- NodeJS-Specific Features (20%): NodeJs is very different from a WordPress project. You’ll need full root access to configure your server accordingly as the user. In addition, how many releases of Node.Js does the hosting plan support? Ideally, you should be able to choose from multiple alternatives to get the one that works best for your project and skill. Consider what tools are provided for managing the application? Does it have a staging environment built in, what server software it’s using, and so on?
- Other Extras (10%): Does the web host provide free backups, SSL certificates, and security, or a free domain name with the plan you pick? What about GUI control panels, such as cPanel, and other add-ons for your website? If these are not included for free, consider how much extra you would have to pay for them to calculate the actual price of the hosting service.
- Support and Documentation (12%): Does the hosting provider in question have specific support for Node.Js? Even though NodeJS is more straightforward than writing assembly machine code, still, you can make many mistakes in the process. If you encounter an issue, you would want to have human support available. The agents should be fast, knowledgeable, and friendly, available 24/7 to assist you in all quests. Having excellent documentation and self-help available (tutorials, step-by-step guides, or videos) is another plus.
- Excellent Price to Value (7%): Your goal should be to get more for less. Even free Node JS hosting might be sufficient for some people, while others opt for the most advanced solutions available. Either way, fair pricing for the features included should be your priority. It would be best to consider introductory discounts, renewal prices, and money-back guarantees. If you are not satisfied with the service, you should be able to get a full refund, with no exceptions.
- User Reviews (30%): Customers worldwide are your best indicator of a Node Js website hosting’s quality. At HostAdvice, we give transparent and unbiased user reviews a significant weight, and you should heavily consider them when making a decision as well.
What Is Node.js Hosting, and Who Is It For?
Many businesses use Node.js for backend, full-stack, and in some cases, even front-end development. You can also use it for the intricacies of the development work of a particular component inside a complex application.
It is designed to be scalable for growing businesses, and it provides people with a fantastic way of creating cutting-edge applications for diverse users. It can scale to a high standard without investing in a lot of expensive hardware. So, it would be best if you had a hosting provider prepared to adapt to such a change.
The two most popular methods for hosting NodeJS are managed web hosting NodeJS and cloud VM. In the first instance, the web host takes over managing the server infrastructure. However, you’ll be in charge of installing, deploying and managing everything independently with the latter. You can utilize your preferred operating system and get more flexibility overall.
If you rely heavily on technology, want to get the most out of it, or need specific features like the node package manager that help build apps, Node JS hosting is the perfect hosting solution for your business.
Pros and Cons of Node.js Web App Development
The benefits and limitations of Node JS server hosting have sparked passionate debate. To clear the air, I examined both the benefits and drawbacks of Node.js to determine which applications might profit from this technology. So, why should you use Node JS hosting?
- Improved developer efficiency and overall productivity
- Reuse and sharing of code
- An extensive range of free tools; speed, and performance; simple knowledge exchange within a team
Scalability for Modern Applications – Bunch modules are one of the many elements of state-of-the-art innovation. It permits load adjusting across numerous CPU centres, making it simpler to obtain the outcomes you want with fewer modules without consuming memory. Likewise, Node.js utilises a non-obstructing occasion circle framework, giving it extraordinary adaptability and permitting the server to answer rapidly.
From a programming aspect, Node.js enables you to use Microservices, which further divides your application into smaller components. This allows you to establish tasks and efficiently distribute them across many teams, allowing you to accelerate the development, deployment, and maintenance of each division of your application.
Walmart, for example, reaped significant benefits by replacing its outdated system with the lethal combo of microservices architecture and Node.js.
Offers High Performance for Real-Time Applications - The multitasking capabilities of Node.js-based web apps are very useful. Its single-threaded, event-driven design, unlike other platforms, effectively handles multiple concurrent requests without overloading memory. In addition, its event loops and non-blocking I / O operations allow you to run your code at speeds that can significantly impact the overall performance of your program.
Offers Extensibility – Businesses are always changing. Node.js can be quickly extended and adapted for rapidly developing organisations, whether you’ve experienced a surge in your user base or you’re aiming to explore different industry dimensions. Node.js may be enhanced by utilising built-in APIs for constructing HTTP and DNS servers, as well as JSON, a data format that allows data flow between clients and web servers to be very simple.
Reduced Performance when Handling Heavy Computing Task – Despite its single-threaded and event-driven benefits, Node.js struggles to handle massive CPU-based processing for the same reason. When Node.js gets a large CPU-driven job in its event loop, it makes use of all of its CPU power to complete the work. This causes the whole event loop to slow down, further obstructing the user interface of your program.
Callback Hell Issue – Because of its asynchronous nature, the technology often responds quickly to callbacks. This method runs just after each job in the queue, allowing numerous queued tasks to continue processing in the background. It’s often called hell and might occur due to the callback, directly influencing the code’s performance and quality.
Immaturity of Tooling – Regardless of how the centre Node.js module is moderately steady and mature, there are many devices in the npm vault that are either low quality or ineffectively reported/tried. Likewise, the vault isn’t all-around organised to permit clients to look for devices by rating or quality. This way, if you don’t have any idea what to search for, observing the best answer for your needs can be troublesome.
Lack of Library Support – There are a number of NPM registries and libraries that are either of poor quality or are unfinished and poorly described. As a result, if some amateurs create a web application in Node.js, monitoring will be impossible. Only well-qualified and trustworthy individuals with project experience can ensure your project’s success. Because it is open-source and has such a large number of libraries and modules, there may be a lack of strong coding standards. The important thing to get exceptional results, it’s critical to choose the best tech partner to design your web apps.
Features That Make Node.js Hosting Different from Other Server-Side Scripting Languages
Why should you choose Node JS website hosting over any other hosting solution? Here’s how Node JS server hosting differs from the rest.
Non-Blocking I/O – Node.js is lightweight and efficient because it uses a non-blocking I/O architecture. Non-blocking functions in Node.js, such as readFile, writeFile, and others, allow you to keep running your application while waiting for an operation to finish. Node.js will continue to handle additional incoming operations after an I/O operation calls a function.
Single-Threaded – Node.js operates in a single thread, which is beneficial for I/O-bound applications because just one thread handles requests rather than several threads. However, this implies that if your software consumes more CPU resources, it will perform worse.
Event-Driven – All I/O operations are processed as events in Node.js’ event paradigm. By employing callbacks, the server may handle several connections simultaneously without delaying the execution of other programs on the server.
Open-Source – Because Node is an open-source platform, developers may contribute by sharing their own modules with others. As a result, the community may expand, and users can use modules created by others to meet their specific needs.
Asynchronous – All I/O operations in Node.js are asynchronous, meaning they don’t interrupt the execution of other programs on the server, making it faster, lighter, and more efficient than other scripting languages.
How to Learn Node.js? When Is Node.js The Best Solution?
Here’s your starting point for learning and working with Node.js.
- Tutorials – Don’t only stick to official documents: W3Schools has a ton of free classes, Node school has worldwide seminars, and freeCodeCamp, of course, has a library of free training.
- Classes – Start an online course on Node.js if you’re a devoted student. Here’s one on PluralSight, and one on Udemy, of course.
- Interactive Learning – Learn Node.js with interactive lessons and activities with these free and paid resources. The Art of Node is one of the most popular.
- Community – Check out the official Node.js projects run by the community.
So, the only question left at this point is when to go for Node JS website hosting?
Node.js is the technology of choice for data-intensive, real-time IoT devices and apps because it is fast and scalable. This could incorporate virtual entertainment stages, gaming applications, live talks, discussions, and stock trade programming and advertisement servers, where execution is critical.
Node.js is great for encoding and communicating video and music, transferring various documents, and information streaming due to its non-hindering plan. The last option may be beneficial for movement area programming that expects information to be obtained through an assortment of APIs from different sources.
Web hosting NodeJS has recently seen a lot of use in corporate software. Many significant enterprises and multinational organisations, such as Capital One and NASA, have already implemented Node.js, although there is still much debate.
Best Node.js Hosting Services: Summary
To sum up, the finest Node JS server hosting is the one that meets all of your business’s needs. All of the hosts on this list are ideal choices for infrastructure services, which simplify apps and minimise time-consuming infrastructure needs. Whether you choose Plesk Node JS, AWS Node JS hosting, or any other solution mentioned above, you can get good outcomes. Your company’s priorities determine everything. However, if you want to get the most incredible host, go for one that provides flexible plans. It is because, as your company expands, you will need to scale up.
Node.js works nicely with a wide range of applications. For example, Uber, LinkedIn, and Netflix all use web hosting Node.js in some way. And if the industry leaders have chosen this solution, why wouldn’t you?